Rootserver Sponsor

webtropia"

Donations

Please support your operating system's further development:

donate"

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
finottiOffline
Post subject: [Solved] konsole transparency on start up  PostPosted: 19.01.2017, 14:25

This is really something minor, but just in case anyone has a suggestion: on start up of KDE, all my (many) konsoles come up without transparency. If I go to Settings -> Edit Current Profile -> Appearance, I see the message
      Quote:

Konsole was started before desktop effects were enabled. You need to restart Konsole to see transparent background.

New instances of konsole indeed have transparent background. Any suggestions on how to get the konsoles started on logging in to come up transparent?

Last edited by finotti on 08.02.2017, 18:29; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
BarlafussOffline
Post subject: RE: konsole transparency on start up  PostPosted: 22.01.2017, 11:32

same issue here since long. Thanks for open this post Smile

finottiOffline
Post subject: RE: konsole transparency on start up  PostPosted: 23.01.2017, 16:20

OK, I've just done an experiment. I tried all "Rendering backends" on System Settings -> Display and Monitor -> Compositor. They did not make a difference. So, I closed all konsoles (leaving at the backend "OpenGL 3.1"), and left KDE. Logged in again and opened a couple of konsoles (which, of course, came up with the transparent background). Left KDE and logged in again. And they started up transparent. I add a few more, logged out/logged in and they appear transparent again!

Now, I will wait and see if they stay like this before I mark this as solved... Barlafuss: let me know if it works for you.

BarlafussOffline
Post subject: RE: konsole transparency on start up  PostPosted: 27.01.2017, 16:25

Hi Finotti, sorry for the late reply, working days are always long in this period ...

Thanks for Your suggestion. Unfortunately does not work for my linuxbox/hw.
If I just leave KDE and I login again, it works (but I believe it has been always in this way).
If I restart Xserver and I login, konsoles have no trasparency (same your msg in Appearance)
I left anyway backend "OpenGL 3.1" (I was using 2.0).
Is it confirmed fully working for You?

BarlafussOffline
Post subject: RE: konsole transparency on start up  PostPosted: 08.02.2017, 16:50

Yesterday I did a dist-upgrade. Today, entering in kde, konsole has transparency on start up Smile .
I do not know if this is in any way related to the upgrade .

finottiOffline
Post subject: RE: konsole transparency on start up  PostPosted: 08.02.2017, 18:29

Barlafuss: sorry I've missed your previous reply. Indeed, it has been working for me since my post. It's really strange my suggestion did not work for you. But at least it's working now!

I will mark the thread as solved.

Jump to: